Sunday, February 8, 2009

Something to Post!

One of my cute students and I on our skis. (starting hour 3)

Hey Look! I found something other than my weight to talk about.
A couple of weeks ago we took our 6th graders to The Environmental Center. It was such a great field trip, well other than almost loosing one of my girls to hypothermia (not kidding).
The kids got to do four activities: Cross Country Skiing, Snow Shoeing, Boondoggles, and making Bread on a Stick over an open fire. I really wanted to try everything (OK, maybe not boondoggles although I could sell them door to door to earn money for college).
What actually ended up happening was I skied for 2 50 minute rotations, ate lunch, snowshoed for one rotation, and then ended up skiing for the rest of the day (about 2 more hours). That's right! I was on cross country skis for almost 4 hours.
I really didn't plan this, and I was really sad about missing the bread!
The best part was, by morning, I could still walk. Amazing, I know! Shocked
So, on President's day the school district has an employee day at the center. They do all of the same activities, minus the bread Not Sure , so I am dragging my family up there for the day. I honestly can't wait.
Who knew I would have to wait until I was almost 40 to truly enjoy the Environmental Center?

2 comments:

MsMelodee said...

Too much fun...I miss skiing. Time and money. Maybe someday I will make back up the mountain. I would love to learn how to snowboard and try snowshoeing.

Amanda said...

Angie- I love the weight loss photos, you can actually see you shrinking, way cool! Just last Sunday I was thinking how good you looked up on the stand in your black dress. Way to go! I'm linking you to my blog, hope you don't mind. I'd love to keep an eye on your family this way. Amanda