Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grocery Smarts "ROCKS"!

Since I went to the enrichment night class on using Coupons in February, I have been saving my coupons and just waiting for that first great shopping trip. I saved about $50.00 the first time I used my multiple coupons but tonight was a whole different experience.
Kaylee and I went to Albertson's armed with nothing but a "Grocery Smarts" list and a pile of coupons, and came out with $533.50 worth of groceries for about $210.00. That was a savings of about $323.00. We also got 4 free tickets to see the new Star Trek movie so that puts our total savings at about $350.00. (Yes, we are planning on seeing the Star Trek Movie :D)
This picture has examples of the things I got. Just multiply everything by about 7 and that would be my total haul.
I was most excited about all the Healthy Choice meals and the Smart Pop popcorn I got. I will be eating some really nice, hot lunches and my favorite snack for at least a month.
And hey, if anyone out there needs some cereal, I'm your gal.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Wow! I have recently started clipping coupons and it is pretty exciting to save money. You will have to tell me about Grocery Smarts when I see you on Sat.

Colette said...

WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!! I am waiting till I have enough coupons also, It is so GREAT to be saving $$$ like this. I still need you to show me how to do those darling cookies....I am giving my sis-in-law a wedding shower soon and would LOVE to make some for the shower.