Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Card

Remember how I said I'm not one to disappoint? I guess that's not entirely true. Every year for at least the last 8 years I have come up with some sort of crazy Christmas letter to send with my cards. This year it just didn't happen.
However, I did send a note saying "Mama got a job so check out our blog," therefore I feel the need to address anyone who is now logging on to check us out. So, here goes.


THE CAT
Yes, we have a cat now. Kaylee and/or Jared heard something in distress in one of the empty lots by our house. When they went to have a look they found a kitten who couldn't have been more than a couple of days old. Of course they immediately brought it home and I immediately told them to put it back (I figured it's mom would be coming back for it.) The two of them stood vigil waiting for the mama to come back, she didn't, it got dark, and the cat now lives at our house.

Rod bottle fed the little guy for about 4 weeks and to our great surprise, he lived.
His name is Tyler but I usually call him Stupid Cat. He lives in the garage but he thinks he belongs in the house. Every time the door opens he manages to sneak his way in.
The truth is he is a pretty funny little guy and believe it or not, he has started to grow on me. Who knew?

Our ultimate wish for the cat is for him to become a great mouser. We live by a field and a irrigation canal so he could really earn his keep. So far he's only caught a couple of grasshoppers. Rod wanted to buy a mouse for him to practice on. Don't worry, I helped him to see the flaws in this plan. Let's be honest, there was a pretty good chance we were going to end up with a pet mouse too.

Please check back with is again soon and if you have a blog leave a comment and I will add you to my list.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

MsMelodee said...

I am glad you sent your blog address...did I give you mine. I can't remember past 5min.:) Hey, we have a cat named stupid cat too!:)Happy Holidays and I'll see you on the blog!