Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Songs

What Christmas song do you HATE?

Sorry, but I just have to vent a little. I was driving home from work today, listening to the "Sounds of the Season", and that Dan Fogelburg song "The Same Old Lang Syne" came on. Who decided this was a Christmas song? He met his old lover in a grocery store on Christmas Eve and they drink in her car, can't you just feel the spirit of the season?
And as long as I'm at it, that WHAM song makes me want to tear my hair out! "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day, you gave it away." Who did she/he (we are talking about George Michael) give your heart to, the DI? Good Will? or did he/she just re-gift it? And what did they do with it? Did they call you up and ask if you were missing a vital organ?
This one could be fixed with one word, THREW. If your heart got thrown away you could just pick it up out of the trash and move on, but now George has to go looking through all the thrift stores in town just to find it so he can "give it to someone special".

I can't be the only one who has a Christmas song they just wish would go away. What songs make you want to scream?

3 comments:

Sierra said...

Hands down "Feliz Navidad"! Great just thinking about it gets the crappy tune in my head...now I won't be able to sleep because the only words I can understand are the "feliz navidad" then it goes something like "O caro on do ally iddad". What is that? Then on to English words "I want to wish you a merry Christmas". Choose a language, seriously!

Holly said...

"Oh, bells will be ringing, this sad, sad news. Oh what a Christmas, to have the blues. My baby's gone. I have no friends... to wish me greetings once again." How depressing is that? Just because it says "Christmas" doesn't make it a holiday song Eagles! And, it's kind of a catchy tune, so I find myself singing along to it! Yikes!

Brandie said...

Hey Angie! I found your blog on Holly's! I am so glad you wrote about stupid Christmas songs! I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world to complain about them. :) I like most of them but at work I listen to FM 100 because it's the only station I swear that plays Christmas songs. Well, there are 2 that I swear are put on repeat. They come on about 50 times a day. The first one is Clay Aiken's "O Holy Night." and the second is "Silver and Gold" by some really old guy. That song for some reason leaves me feeling nauseated.