Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies

It's that time of year again and I just had to make my Cookies. This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. They are actually pretty easy to decorate and they taste great (thank you Grandma Poulsen). My favorite part is the reaction I get from our friends. The people at Rod's office expect them every year and you know me, I can't disappoint. I took some pictures of the process this year. Enjoy.


This is how Rod and the kids like their cookies, plain and yummy!




This handy outline holds in all the frosting.


Smooth as a baby's you know what.


Once the frosting is dry on top I add the detail frosting.


Time for the sprinkles.



Finished at last!

This is what 190 decorated cookies look like at 1:00 am in the morning. :)



7 comments:

Bethany said...

They look great Angie! Stacy called me last night hoping I had your recipe. Sadly I didn't. Hopefully she got a hold of you so she can spread the goodness too.

Holly said...

You are a better person than me. I'd say, "Sorry to disappoint!" They look great, as always!

Angie said...

They look delicious. I can't believe how ambitious you are. I just go up to my mom's when I (or anyone else) wants a cookie!

Bethany said...

Those look so yummy!

Bethany said...

I was tripped our for a minute. I saw Bethany's comment that said they look yummy and I though, I didn't write that. It's Bethany Mott. I though I was going crazy.

The Holtry Family said...

Gee, wish I were there to recieve some of these. sigh....They look beautiful!

SpringerClan said...

So cute Ang! Next time I see you I will show you a really fast way of icing the cookies and having them look as smooth as a baby's... I also have a new frosting recipe I think you will like. Thanks for the cookie recipe.